Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Our Halloween Costumes

Many of you know how much I love Halloween, and particularly, dressing up in costume.  This year, I wanted to be a mommy monster to match my little baby monster.


Throughout the past years, Barry and I have been a doctor & nurse, super heros, Sookie & Bill, and Katy Perry & Russell Brand.  


I'll admit that I had lots of fun planning Halloween costumes for Ryan back when I was pregnant with him in my tummy.  Since he was a tiny newborn this time last year (and slept through most of Halloween) I just had him wear skeleton and pumpkin onesies.  But this year, there were so many cute costumes to choose from that I couldn't possibly narrow it down to one.  So Ryan ended up being a spider, a monster, and a cow.


We started our festivities last week at the Tiny Tots Halloween Party.  This was the first time that Ryan really walked around somewhere besides at home, and he got so excited that it eventually led to running and even dancing.


The next day, I hosted a party at our place for our mommies/babies play group.  It ended up being a success because it was the perfect amount of people, not too large or overwhelming for the little ones.  And I was so glad that everyone enjoyed the Halloween treats.  I have finally gotten over my awkwardness in the kitchen and now I really love to bake and cook whenever I get the chance.



Ryan and I finished the week with a class at Gymboree (wearing "pumpkin butt" pants), at the mall for store-to-store trick-or-treating, and an event at our church with Grandma.  Afterwards, we did some regular trick-or-treating in my parents' neighborhood.  I am liking this new walking stage so far, because it is so much easier than carrying him!





2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love all of the costumes! You are so creative to make yours match Ryan's!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...